Instructor: Colin Ware
Classroom: J.E. Chase Ocean Engineering Lab, Room 130
This course is an introduction to computer graphics.
TextBook: Edward Angel, Interactive Computer Graphics, Fifth Edition. Addison Wesley.
The graphics virtual machine
The graphical User Interface and basic 2D drawing using OpenGL
- The graphics library utility toolkit (glut) and simple interactive programming
- Drawing geometric shapes with difference colors and sizes.
- Matrix operations for rotations, translations and scales.
- Composing geometric operations
- Dot products and cross products.
Lighting and Shading
The format will be 85% lectures and discussions, 15% student presentations.
There may be a course project. This will be determined by mid-semester.
- Assignments: (5 or 6 programming,
1 presentation) 55%
- Midterm exam 15%
- Final exam. 30%
Assignment 6: Topics and sources for 12 minute presentation