Assignment 1. 2D video game
Purpose: learn some basics of interactive 2D graphics
Program a version of the breakout video game.
A two-dimensional paddle game, using mouse input. A ball bounces according to gravity. The paddle should be curved or “sticky” to control the bounce trajectory.
There will be several round objects slowly falling from the sky. Balls can hit them causing point to be added and they disappear and return to the top. Once 10 objects have hit the ground the game is over.
The rate of fall increases over time.
Add vivid color effects when an object is hit. Score increases as objects are hit. The program should print the score at the end to standard output.
- A single compilable file using glut and openGL.
- There should a main.cpp, and other classes (containing the bulk of the game).
- For delivery purposes place these above the main part of the progam.
- External documentation: - a half page user manual should be provided.Also,write a paragraph describing the ball-paddle interaction.
Marks will be given for
- Programming style
clarity, structure, good naming, comments.
- The quality of the user interface and the visual interest of the game.
Due: 16 Sept by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)